Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Two More Cable Patterns Mastered!

These are swatches 2 & 3 that I completed from the Explorations in Cables video that I downloaded from Craftsy.  I learned 2 very important lessons with these:  don't try to cable at 10:00 on a Friday night when you're exhausted from getting up all week at 5:00 am for school and don't give up if you don't get it the first time and think it's too hard and you never will.  I watched the braid instructions the next morning twice and it all fell into place and made perfect sense.  Good thing I didn't give up based on the night before.  Whenever this happens to me, I really identify with how my special needs students feel everyday at school and I try to practice what I preach.  You can't remember something that you can't make sense of and just looking at something once that's difficult to figure out isn't enough, you have to study until you "own" it.  That means you have to know it well enough to explain it to someone else!

Honeycomb Pattern


Braided Cable


No comments:

Post a Comment