Sunday, September 7, 2014

Shore House Inspiration

Yesterday,  my husband and I went somewhere I've been wanting to go for a long time.  We went to the Gustave Stickley House Museum at Craftsman Farms in Morris Plains, N.J.  Stickley was the designer of the furniture that is quintessential to Craftsman style interiors.  Ever since I realized the Point Pleasant house was built in the Craftsman style, I have wanted to visit this place.  The house was amazing and cutting edge for its time - electricity and indoor plumbing in 1916!  Stickley was best buds with Edison.  The grounds were as beautiful as the handcrafted, inlaid furniture and it really inspired my husband and I to restore the shore house with its historical roots in mind.  I bought one of these vases in the gift shop.  I wish I could have had one of each shape and size!


No comments:

Post a Comment