Friday, December 5, 2014

Another Baby Quilt

I designed and made this for an English teacher I collaborated with some years ago.  I really loved this giraffe fabric and the pink and green reminds of  Lilly Pulitzer colors which I love. When I saw her daughter's birth date I just had to encorporate it into the quilt.  I used a heart motif for the free motion quilting on the border which was something I hadn't done before.  This may be one of the last baby quilts I make as gifts for colleagues.  My daughter Kelly is finally going to make me a grandma next June so I think most of my sewing and knitting projects from now on will focus on grandchildren!  I can't wait!  I just wish I knew the baby's sex sooner than March.  I want to do boy or girl colors not just generic.

No comments:

Post a Comment